Staff pick of the week
Check out our
seniors for seniors program
Tell your family members! Tell everyone! Our brand new Seniors for Seniors program began as a way to get some of our older cats out of the shelter. These guys want windows to perch in and laps to snuggle on!! They deserve to live out the rest of their lives with a loving, safe forever home.
Benefits of adopting an older cat:*
1. They are mellower than kittens. They are also more appreciative of being adopted.
2. What you see is what you get. They are grown and their personalities are fully developed.
3. They aren’t troublemakers. Kittens are more daring than cats, so they get into more trouble. They will eat things they shouldn’t, such as electrical cords or papers. Kittens also tend to fall from high places more often than cats, and they’re more likely to get injured.
4. You don’t have to train them. Cats spend a good portion of their lives grooming themselves. Kittens are just developing this skill, and they tend to miss the litter box more often than older cats.
5. They’re better to have around children. Most kids get excited when they spot cats. They’re often loud and they tend to rush up to them. A cat knows to get out of the way, whereas a curious kitten can get harmed.
*paraphrased from an article by Michelle C. Hollow athttp://www.thedailycat.com/blog/adopting_older_cat/index.html
Stop by the shelter to meet our newest residents!
Amazon wish list
Interested in making a charitable donation to our facility, but you live out of state or don't have the time to bring it in to us? Don't despair, we have just the thing for you! We now have an Amazon wishlist that you can access and whatever you order will be shipped directly to us! Just click on the Amazon button below to start making a difference in an animal's life.
a special thank you to:
Hills Science Diet, 24PetWatch, Petsmart charities, Danielle Garza photography, simply this photography, & Kansas rental
for all of your support!
Click on the donate button to help us, help animals!
Jefferson County Humane Society ~ 15295 K-4 Highway ~ Valley Falls, KS 66088 ~ 785-945-6600 ~ email@example.com